Print Friendly Recipe
- Jo Kervin
- 24 medium hard shelled clams
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cold water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salt pork, diced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) onions, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) potatoes, diced
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt and dash of pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) liquid reserved from cooking clams
- 2 cups (475 ml) light cream
- Wash clams thoroughly in a large saucepan.
- Pour cold water over clams and bring them to a boil.
- Boil gently for 10 minutes, or until the shells open.
- Remove clams from shells and chop.
- Strain the liquid through a cheesecloth, reserving 1 cup (225 ml).
- Fry salt pork until golden.
- Add onions and cook until tender and transparent.
- Add chopped clams, potatoes, salt, pepper and clam liquid.
- Cook about l5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and add light cream. Gently heat through without boiling.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.