Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). cans minced clams
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg) salt pork, diced
- 4 cups (950 ml) diced raw potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) half & half
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk (for flour mixture)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- Reserve 1/2 cup (125 ml) clam liquid.
- In sauce pan, cook salt pork until crisp.
- Remove any lean portion of pork and reserve.
- Add potatoes, water, onion and clam liquid to drippings.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add clams, 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) milk and half & half .
- Blend the 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk with flour and stir into chowder.
- Heat to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and meaty pork.
- This is a simple recipe, but a hearty one. Have been making
for a number of years.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.