Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 cups (475 ml) uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) tomato with liquid, cut up
- 1 cup (225 ml) boiling water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add rice and stir until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- By adding 1 lb ground beef to this recipe, it can be a filling
for stuffed green peppers.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.