Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 8 oz (224 grm). tomato sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). each salt and pepper
- 15 oz (420 grm). ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, brown meat, stir in onion, garlic and oregano.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add sauce, bring to boil, set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, combine squash, butter, salt, pepper.
- Add ricotta, mozzarella and eggs.
- In lightly greased 9 inch square baking dish, place half the squash mix.
- Add a layer of each: cheese mixture, ground beef and parmesan.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Although this serves 6 and we are just a family of 2, it's
still a pleasure to have the leftovers for lunch or another meal.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.