Print Friendly Recipe
- Pork Chops in a tangy tomato sauce
- Jackie Kern
- 6 1 inch thick pork chops
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cubes chicken boullion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes (use between 3/4 to full can)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in olive oil and garlic.
- Remove pork chops from pan and place in 9 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Add chicken boullion, basil, oregano, rosemary and two tbsp of water to skillet.
- Heat on simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add crushed tomatoes, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Blend all ingredients together and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture over pork chops.
- Bake in pre-heated 425 degree (225 C.) oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake for another 25 minutes.
- I am always making things up as I go along. My husband said I should start
writing my recipes down so I can make the same thing again. I wrote this
one down and gave it to a few friends. They said it was so easy and soooo
delicious so I thought I would share it with you.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.