Print Friendly Recipe
- U.S. Armed Forces Cook Book
- 4 cups (950 ml) frozen potato rounds
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed and cooked
- 1 2.8 oz (78.4 grm). can french fried onions
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can cream of celery soup (or whatever "cream of" you have)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Place potatoes on bottom and up the sides of a 9 X 13 inch casserole.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 10 minutes.
- Brown the beef, breaking up in large chunks while cooking; drain.
- Place beef, broccoli, 1/2 can onions and tomato in potato shell.
- Combine soup, milk, 1/2 cup (125 ml) cheese and seasonings; pour over mixture.
- Bake, covered, at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions; bake uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes longer or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with fresh green beans, or a large salad. My 2 guys who are
not fond of casserole dishes scarf this up in a minute!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.