Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) molasses
- 3 drops anise oil and 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot water (mixed)
- 3-1/3 cups (775 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix shortening, sugar, egg, molasses, and anise mixture.
- Blend dry ingredients; mix in gradually with hands.
- Knead dough until right consistency for molding.
- If dough seems too soft, refrigerate until firm.
- Mold into balls 3/4 inch in diameter; place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Cookies harden upon standing.
- Store in airtight container with slice of apple to mellow them.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.