Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick, high protein breakfast
- Karen Jourdan Bauch
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice of bread, any kind will do except rye.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margerine
- Cut a round 2-1/2 inch diameter hole in center of bread. Discard the hole.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Place bread in frying pan. Place egg in center hole of bread. Fry at med-high heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Put a little warm buttered spinach on top for a "real" Popeye touch.
- If you're in a rush but need to eat breakfast, this is the recipe for you.
It's much healthier than a poptart!! Kids love them (ed.)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.