Print Friendly Recipe
- Great bread for any meal,especially if you have a reaction to milk products.
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts,IN
Serves/Makes:8 large buns
- 3 pkg. yeast
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). honey
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) tepid water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) flour
- Dissolve yeast and honey in tepid water.
- Sift in flour and salt.
- Mix well and knead lightly on a floured board.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces and shape into rounds.
- Roll or flatten with your hands until about 5 in. across and
- 1/4 in. thick.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.(you'll need 2)
- Cover with towels and let rise in a warm place approx. 1 hour.
- They should be about 3/4 in thick after raising.
- Bake in a hot, 500 degree (250 C.) oven for 7 to 8 minutes. (500 degrees (250 C.) is correct.)
- My son, Glen, is 22 years old and if we have a good mashed potato
dinner we can not have it without these. Really, everyone loves them.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.