Print Friendly Recipe
- A cream of spinach with pepper to liven up the taste for those who do not like spinach plain. Try this for something new and different!
- Rose Taitague
- 2 boxes of chopped spinach - thawed
- 1 cup (225 ml) of mayonnaise (you can substitute sour cream)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of turmeric (or put enough to give that yellow color)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) crushed red pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- lemon (optional)
- Heat oil in pan.
- Cooked onion until soft.
- Add thawed spinach to onions and stir; cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise (or sour cream) to spinach and onions stir to mix thoroughly.
- Turn down heat.
- Add red pepper to taste.
- Add turmeric and mix well.
- Season with salt, if needed, and squeeze a lemon (do not add lemon if using sour cream).
- This recipe is really good! I made this easier for those who can find
these ingredients in your supermarket. The original recipe called for
coconut milk instead of mayonnaise. If you can find coconut milk, I
believe it will taste really good!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.