Print Friendly Recipe
- Potatoes as a compliment to summer time outdoor grilling.
- Mike Maxey
- 4 large baking potatoes (peels left on) cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 oz (112 grm). (1 stick) of butter
- 1 large sweet onion cut into chunks
- 4 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks of celery cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley flakes
- (I normally don't measure anything , just make it to your taste.)
- Have gas grill on high.
- Use an old deep pan such as an aluminum or stainless dish pan.
- Add the stick of butter, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, and spices in this order. (The steam from the green veggies helps cook the potatoes on top of the mix.)
- Cover the pan and seal it with foil and place on your grill for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Serve right from the pan!
- I helped make this delicious dish while I was in the Army.
Three of my friends and I were on temporary duty, ( no money ) and were
hungry one Saturday night, so we helped clean out a refrigerator in the
barracks. All we could find to cook in was a dish pan. We cooked over an
open fire behind the building and it was one of the best meals we had.
So try it and enjoy the Dish Pan Potatoes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.