Print Friendly Recipe
- Annegret Lackman
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 ml). curry powder
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). crushed red pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) (16 oz (448 grm). can) Libby's solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup (225 ml) half & half
- sour cream & chives (opt.)
- In large saucepan, melt butter, saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add curry powder, salt, coriander and red pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth gently, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and half & half; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour into blender container. Blend until creamy.
- Serve warm, or reheat to desired temperature.
- Garnish with dollop of sour cream and chopped chives, if desired.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.