Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 large portabello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pesto
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Wash and quickly dry the mushrooms.
- Mix pesto, cheese, and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into the mushroom centers, packing the mixture down and spreading to the edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until the cheese is lightly browned, about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Serve with a knife and fork, and your favorite beverage.
- The large size of these mushrooms makes for a stunning appetizer. Add a
bit of any fresh herbs you have handy, like parsley, basil, or tarragon
for a little bit fresher flavor.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.