Print Friendly Recipe
- A Love
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) boiling water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- jam or jelly for filling
- Cream sugar and butter in bowl.
- Add eggs vanilla and water.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add all at once to wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Dough should pull away from side of bowl.
- Roll tspfuls of dough in sugar.
- Using your thumb create an indent in the middle of the cookie and fill with jam or jelly.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and bake in 350, preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- I'm not too sure about the quantity this makes as I haven't made it in a
while and it was a recipe that my mother wrote down for me. And we all know
how mothers are!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.