Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttemilk
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients, except caraway and raisins in large mixing bowl.
- In seperate bowl beat egg, and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients.
- Coat raisins with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) flour and stir into mixture with caraway.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Pour into greased and floured bread pan and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 60 to 70 minutes.
- I usually bake 4 or 5 loaves for our Senior Bake sale and it's
usually the first to go.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.