Print Friendly Recipe
- To serve over Cream Cheese with Crackers.
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:6 half pints
- 1 cup (225 ml) Bell Peppers, ground
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot, red chili OR jalepeno peppers, ground
- 6-1/2 cups (1525 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 bottle Certo
- Clean the peppers, wearing rubber gloves.
- Discard all seeds excepts some from the hot peppers.
- Grind or chop very fine.
- Mix all ingredients except the Certo.
- Boil mixture about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat again to a hard rolling boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 6-8 drops of red or green food coloring and the Certo.
- Stir well, put in jars and seal.
- This recipe came out of the OUT OF OUR LEAGUE cookbook from
the Junior League of Greensboro, N.C. There is also a
sweet red pepper jelly recipe.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.