Print Friendly Recipe
- This is an adaptation of a recipe from the White House during the Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon administrations. Favorite of Jackie Onassis.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely minced shallots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). white pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 oz (168 grm). shredded imported gruyere cheese
- 1 pre-baked 10-inch pastry shell with a high rim (preferrably in a quiche dish)
- Place shallots and white wine in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over low heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and cream together very gently.
- Fold in shallot mixture and spices.
- Sprinkle cheese over bottom of pre-baked crust.
- Pour in custard mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 45 minutes, or until custard is set.
- Cover edges of pie crust with foil if crust gets too dark.
- Let quiche set for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.