Print Friendly Recipe
- Great American Recipes
- 4 half chicken breasts, boned, skinned, cubed
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). chopped fresh parsley
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Discard all but 1 tbsp (15 ml) bacon fat.
- Rinse and seed peppers. Cut into strips.
- In skillet with bacon fat, add onion and peppers. Saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and spices.
- Cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Use chopped cilantro for a different taste in place of parsley. You may
add more exotic spices like cumin or mace, if desired.
Good served with warm corn tortillas or cooked rice or beans and a green
salad for a balanced meal. I also like this recipe with turkey instead
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.