Print Friendly Recipe
- Italian Dessert Cookie
- Sue Moscaritolo
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 pound butter, melted
- 1 pound sugar
- 1 orange (juice and rind)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Anisette Extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Almond Extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 3 pounds flour
- Beat eggs well.
- Add sugar, melted butter, orange juice and rind, anisette and almond flavorings. Mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder slowly.
- Mix long enough to form a dough.
- Cook in pan of top of stove in a pizzella cookie form until golden tan.
- This recipe came from a book entitled "Kitchen Wisdom 'italiano'. " It was
compiled by St. Anthony's Girls' Brigade of Hartford, Connecticut. I don't
know when it was put together as there are no dates, but the book seems
very old. I also have a recipe from my husband's great aunt, but at the
moment I can't find it. I'll keep looking and will post it when I find it!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.