Print Friendly Recipe
- One pan eggplant and vegetable dish
- Sue Moscaritolo
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Olive Oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hamburger (optional)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- (Please read directions before cutting up all vegetables)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). eggplant, pared and julienne strips
- 2 green bell or italian cooking peppers, julienne strips
- 2 cups (475 ml) (1 lb (.5 kg). can) tomatoes, sliced, or 5 ripe tomatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 tsp (10 ml). sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). basil, dried and crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- Dash black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) snipped parsley or 2 tsp (10 ml). dried
- Paprika to taste
- Curry powder to taste
- Heat oil in 4 quarts (3775 ml) saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic, saute until onion is transparent.
- If using hamburger, fry now and drain.
- Wash peppers and cut-up. Saute peppers until tender.
- Wash zucchini, eggplant and tomatos.
- Prepare and add them each one at a time, and continue cooking; stirring after each ingredient.
- Cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes, slowly, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, basil, salt, pepper while putting tomatoes in pot.
- Add paprika and curry powder to taste.
- Serve in bowls, as ratatoule is liquidy.
- This is a combination of a couple of recipes and during Lent we leave out
the hamburger. It is great with and without the hamburger.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.