Print Friendly Recipe
- Sue D.
- 1 Tbs (15 ml). olive oil or butter
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped
- 8 oz (224 grm). chopped green chiles with juices
- 1 pint homemade chicken stock or 1 can with water to make 1 pint
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream - don't substitute milk as it will curdle.
- salt or seasoned salt to taste
- Cilantro leaves (optional) garnish
- Saute garlic in oil over low heat just until softened.
- Add ingredients up to and including tomato. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add cream and seasoning, and heat through.
- If thicker soup is desired, dissolve 1 tbsp (15 ml) corn starch in 2 tbsp (30 ml) water and add until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish bowls with cilantro leaves.
- Green chile is a staple, like salt, here in New Mexico.
Try also making this a little thinner, with or without cream, adding
leftver chicken or pork and some chopped green onion tops. Ladle over
crisp corn chips (Doritos, etc.) garnished with small cubes of jack or
cheddar cheese and cilantro. Or, just use your imagination! A day w/o
green chile is a day w/o sunshine!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.