Print Friendly Recipe
- Chili with beans and chicken
- Sue Moscaritolo
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml).oil
- 2 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). cans great Northern beans
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). oregano
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked, skinless chicken breast
- salsa and chopped green onion for garnish, optional
- In large saucepan, saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil, until tender.
- Add beans, broth, cumin, chili powder, oregano, cloves and pepper.
- Heat to boiling.
- Turn down heat to simmer and stir frequently.
- Dice cooked chicken and add to pot.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid thickens.
- Garnish with dab of salsa and sprinkle of green onion (optional).
- Just found this recipe and tried it for my church women's group potluck
supper. They loved it and one friend (who hates chili) actually loved this
and wants the recipe!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.