Print Friendly Recipe
- Pasta dish with clams and olive oil
- Sue Moscaritolo
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, pureed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped parsley, or 6 tsp (30 ml). of dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). oregano or crushed basil leaves
- 2 cans minced or whole baby clams
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 lb (.5 kg). linguine
- Boil linguine in large pot while preparing rest of recipe.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add pureed garlic, parsley and oregano or basil. (Put garlic in last and turn off burner, do not let garlic turn brownish yellow.)
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Add clams, clam liquid and wine.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is somewhat reduced.
- Pour over boiled and rinsed (rinse very well) linguine.
- This recipe was given to me by an Italian friend of mine about 20 years
ago and it is still great today!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.