Print Friendly Recipe
- A double crusted appetizer pie.
- Chef Chiqui Collier
Serves/Makes:8 appetizer portions
- Pastry for one double 9-inch pie
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Garlic powder to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) each: shredded Swiss, cheddar, and mozarella cheeses
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced, pitted black olives
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). lemon-pepper
- Saute artichoke and mushrooms in olive oil. Season with garlic powder and lemon-pepper.
- Place one pie crust in a deep-dish 9 inch pie plate; allowing sides to overhang the plate.
- Spoon artichoke-mushroom mixture into bottom of crust.
- Combile all remaining ingredients and pour over artichoke mixture.
- Top with remaining pie crust. Seal and crimp edges.
- Cut five vent holes in a decorative fashion on top crust.
- Brush pie with an additional egg that has been beaten with a little water added.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) on a cookie sheet for 40 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- This recipe is from my family cookbook : Cookery N'Orleans Style
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.