Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol Welte
- 1 pkg. (1/4 oz) yeast
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) all purpose flour
- 2/3 tsp (3 ml) salt
- 1-1/3 tbsp (20 ml) sugar
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) margarine
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) warm/hot water
- 1 egg plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) water for eggwash
- If you have a bread machine, place all ingredients (except egg) in machine. (If not, just knead away)
- Select "manual" and start machine.
- When kneading cycle is complete, turn out on floured board.
- Cut into 24 strips.
- Roll each strip into 18 to 20 inch ropes.
- Shape into pretzel and place on baking sheets.
- Cover, let rise about 45 minutes.
- Beat egg and water together, and brush each pretzel with eggwash.
- Sprinkle with topping(s) of your choice (kosher salt, garlic or onion salt, parmesan cheese)
- Bake in preheated oven at 475 degrees (250 C.) for 12 minutes.
- I sometimes add 1/2 cup each chopped ham and grated cheddar cheese to dough
mixture. Jalapeno peppers would be good, too. Better make a double batch.
These go fast!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.