Print Friendly Recipe
- Creamy pink sauce for pasta
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). prosciutto, chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 can (28 oz (784 grm).) crushed tomatoes
- 1 shot vodka, or to taste
- 1 jar (7 oz (196 grm).) roasted red peppers, drained a little, and cut into strips
- 2 tsp (10 ml). garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml). parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated romano cheese
- 1 lb (.5 kg). rigatoni, cooked according to manufacturer's directions
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen peas, cooked (optional)
- Mix all sauce ingredients together, except for rRomano cheese, in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in Romano cheese; let simmer 1 minute.
- Stir into cooked rigatoni and top with peas, if using.
- This recipe can also be used as a topping for sauteed or grilled
Freeze any left over sauce for another meal. Just reheat in
microwave or on top of stove.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.