Print Friendly Recipe
- Butter Lettuce Salad with Hearts-of-Palm
- John Driscoll
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1 can (14 oz (392 grm).) hearts-of-palm, drained
- 1 med vine ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) wine or cider vinegar (tarragon flavored works great)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml). tarragon
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- dash pepper
- Clean and spin-dry lettuce. Divide amoung four chilled salad bowls.
- Slice hearts-of-palm and avocado and add to top of salads.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Drizzle salads with herb dressing and serve.
- Quick easy salad that compliments the unique flavor of hearts-of-palm. If
you can't find hearts of palm, I've substituted artichoke hearts (water
packed works best).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.