Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:6 lbs. Pork Spareribs
- 6 lbs (2.7 kg). Pork Spareribs
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can tomato soup
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can condensed beef broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) light or dark molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). crushed thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- dash celery salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix all ingredients (except spareribs) in saucepan.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Roast ribs on rack in shallow pan in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for one hour.
- Drain excess fat.
- Brush sauce over partially cooked ribs.
- Continue roasting ribs 30 to 40 minutes, basting with the sauce every 10 minutes.
- Note: If grilling, partially cook ribs as directed above, baste with sauce and grill 20 minutes on each side. Ribs should be placed 6 inches above gray coals.
- This is my Mother's recipe and the family has enjoyed her
ribs for many years. I hope this is the recipe you are
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.