Print Friendly Recipe
- From: Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook
- Kelli Greene
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine or butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 6 cups (1425 ml) dry bread cubes (8 slices bread)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Heat milk and margarine over medium heat until margarine is melted and milk is hot.
- Mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon or nutmeg, and salt in 4 quarts (3775 ml) bowl.
- Stir in bread cubes and raisins.
- Stir in milk mixture.
- Pour into ungreased 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole.
- Place casserole in pan on oven rack. Pour very hot water into pan until 1 inch deep.
- Bake, uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
- Serve warm and, if desired, with cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.