Print Friendly Recipe
- Biscuits with the sausage cooked right in them. Cream gravy for topping.
- The Northern Exposure Cookbook
- 2 cups (475 ml) bulk breakfast sausage
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In a heavy frying pan, cook sausage until slightly browned, breaking it up with a fork.
- Remove sausage from pan and let drain on paper towels.
- Remove frying pan from heat and allow drippings to cool.
- Combine 2 cups (475 ml) flour,baking powder, and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt in mixing bowl.
- Crumble in cooked, drained sausage and mix until sausage is well coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and cream. Add all at once to flour mixture, stirring just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Drop batter by heaping tbspfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes.
- Over low heat, add 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour to pan drippings. Stir with fork until smooth.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture browns. While stirring gradually add milk.
- Add salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring constantly until gravy is smooth, thick, and bubbly.
- Place 2 hot biscuits on a plate and top with hot gravy.
- This is a really good biscuit and gravy recipe. It's the only one that I
've seen with the sausage in the biscuit.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.