Print Friendly Recipe
- A chewy sugar cookie
- Carroll Anne Grammon
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Cream butter and sugar together with a fork.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour 1/2 cup (125 ml) at a time and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Allow room for cookies to spread.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly brown.
- Don't overcook or they get very crunchy.
- Another variation of this recipe is to add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the
dough. Then roll dough balls in a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.