Print Friendly Recipe
- Pam Smutny
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml). butter
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). minced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) minced ham or chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely grated carrots
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). chopped slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) half and half or milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). dry sherry (optional)
- minced parsley or chives
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Saute onion until tender.
- Blend in flour; gradually add broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Stir in rice, ham, carrots, almonds and salt; simmer about 5 minutes.
- Blend in half and half and sherry; heat to serving temperature.
- Garnish with minced parsley or chives.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.