Print Friendly Recipe
- Pam Smutny
- 7/8 cup (200 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 whole beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 stick margarine
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk. Beat until blended.
- Add 2 whole beaten eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) water and beat until big bubbles show. (This can set for several hours before baking. Beat again!!!!)
- Put into 10 inch x 6 inch glass dish. (The size of dish can be a little bigger or even square--just be sure it is glass.)
- 1/2 Put stick of margarine in bottom of dish.
- While warming the oven, place dish in the oven to let margarine melt and get hot.
- When it starts to crackle and spit, remove dish from oven carefully and pour the flour/milk mixture on top of margarine.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake another 10 to 15 minutes.
- I got this recipe from a friend over 20 years ago and it is a family
favorite with roast beef.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.