Print Friendly Recipe
- Rolls that can be made for dinner or breakfast
- Peggy Hogancamp
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) butter flavor Crisco
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 Cup (175 ml) Warm Milk
- 2 envelopes (1/4 oz (7 grm).) yeast
- 4 Cups (950 ml) flour
- Proof the yeast by placing it in the warm milk, let it bubble for 5 minutes.
- Mix the sugar, shortening, salt and eggs until creamy.
- Add the yeast and milk.
- Stir in the 4 cups (950 ml) of flour a bit at a time.
- Knead for 5 minutes or until elastic.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Break off bits of the dough about 1 inch round and place 3 balls each in greased muffin tins.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins and serve warm or cool on racks.
- This recipe has been in our family for generations and is used at all
family gatherings and enjoyed by all ages.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.