Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol Welte
- 1 lb (.5 kg). penne or ziti, cooked according to pkg. directions
- 8 oz (224 grm). skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). fresh ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups (700 ml) broccoli flowerettes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thing strips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fat-free chicken broth
- 1 can (12 oz (336 grm).) fat-free evaporated skim milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- While pasta is cooking, toss chicken with salt, pepper, & garlic.
- Coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over med/high heat till hot.
- Add chicken mixture & stir-fry 4-5 min. or till chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken & place in medium bowl.
- Add broccoli, red pepper & chicken broth to skillet.
- Cover, simmer over medium heat 5-6 min. or till vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Transfer to bowl with chicken.
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk with cornstarch, mixing till smooth.
- Add to skillet with remaining milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; stir in mustard.
- Stir in reserved chicken mixture.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss with chicken mixture.
- Serve with a Caesar Salad and garlic-cheese bread. YUM!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.