Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla
- 1/3 cup (80 ml). rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins (optional)
- nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat eggs, add sugar and beat well.
- Add milk, cornstarch and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in cooked rice, raisins, and nutmeg.
- Pour in 8 inch square baking dish and set in a pan containing 1 inch of water.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- I hope you find this to be the recipe you are looking for.
Coming from the South, my family always looked forward to
this rice pudding. We knew if we had rice one day the
leftover would become this wonderful dessert the next day.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.