Print Friendly Recipe
- A slow-cooker rice pudding recipe from southern France.
- 1 cup (225 ml) raw converted rice
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) golden seedless raisins
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 lemon rind, slivered
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream or half-and-half, chilled
- Place all the ingredients except the cream in the slow cooker and stir once.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve lukewarm with chilled cream or half-and-half.
- I succeeded in finding this recipe for myself in recipe files of Carole
Walberg. Enjoy! From Clear & Simple Crockery Cooking by J. Heriteau
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.