Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol Welte
- 1 lb (.5 kg). butter or margarine, softened to room temperature
- 3 heads fresh garlic, roasted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). chives, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). pepper
- Cut garlic heads in half & rub cut bulbs with olive oil.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow bulbs to cool for easier handling.
- Peel garlic cloves & chop or put through a garlic press.
- Cream all ingredients together in mixing bowl till mixed well. (I use an electric hand mixer.)
- Return mixture to margarine tubs.
- Use to make garlic bread.
- This freezes well. I freeze half for later use. This is also great on
vegetables or any other savory dish. This goes really fast in our household.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.