Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol Welte
- 1-1/2 zucchini, medium size, sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cloves minced garlic
- 14 oz (392 grm). can tomaoes, diced, undrained (or equivalent of fresh)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). fresh basil, minced (or 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried)
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). fresh oregano, minced (or 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Stove Top Chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) shredded mozzarella or Jack cheese
- In large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook zucchini tll tender.
- Drain & set aside.
- In same skillet, saute onion & garlic for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic powdedr & pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in zucchini.
- Place in ungreased baking diish.
- Top with stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Uncover & sprinkle with grated mozzarella or jack cheese.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes or till golden brown.
- This is a most delicious recipe given to me by my mother, Charlotte Pittman.
What a way to serve your summer zucchini harvest! And, the great news is
that it freezes well and can be quickly reheated in the microwave all through
the winter & tastes even better than the day it was made. YUM!!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.