Print Friendly Recipe
- Italian Politana, made from yellow corn mill.
- Tony, (The Wasper)
Serves/Makes:Medium size pot full
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground chuck hamburger
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 cans (15 oz (420 grm).) tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cooking oil
- 1 can (6 oz (168 grm).) tomato paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). garlic salt
- pinch oregano
- pinch sage
- 2 bay leaves
- Brown hamburger, and onion then drain.
- Break up hamburger while browning into small pices
- Using a medium size pot, add all the ingredients, and stir well to blend.
- Bring to a boil, and lower heat to a simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove bay leaves, and spoon over the Napolitana.
- Old Italian recipe from my Mother.
This can also be used as home made spaghetti sauce, but use 2 lbs. ground
chuch, and don't chop it up as much.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.