Print Friendly Recipe
- Elegant Glazed Ham
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:8 - 10 servings
- 1 fully cooked ham (10 lbs (4.5 kg).)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) Ruby Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed dark brown sugar
- Ruby Sauce:
- 2 cups (475 ml) red currant jelly
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ruby port wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml).. finely slivered orange zest
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). finely slivered lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). ground ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake or boil the ham until heated through.
- Prepare Ruby Sauce by combining all ingredients in a small pot over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until jelly has melted.
- Remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes.
- Spread mustard evenly over ham.
- Pour 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) Ruby Sauce over the ham.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake, basting every 15 minutes, until ham is glazed and has a deep rich color, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter, and spoon some sauce over top.
- Serve the remaining sauce on the side.
- A fully cooked corned beef (boil in water until tender) may be
used instead of the ham.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.