Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) Carolina long grain rice
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 3 dashes of nutmeg
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on to
- Put milk, sugar, and rice into a pot let it come to a boil, watching so that it doesn't overflow, as it begins to boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer, stirring often.(Simmer at least 1 hour)
- Meantime in a bowl beat eggs with vanilla.
- When rice is cooked to a thick consistency, fold egg mixture into rice mixture. (Turn off heat)
- Stir and then pour into serving bowl or casserole dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cool in refrigerator and then serve.
- note:(ingredients say nutmeg and preparation says cinnimon; I'd use nutmeg-editor)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.