Print Friendly Recipe
- Nachos-you will never forget
- Lesley Cox
Serves/Makes:4 servings or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chili powder
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 1 large onion
- half can of tomato sauce
- 3 cans tomato paste
- 6 cans water (tomato paste size)
- oregano,cumin,and salt to taste
- Quantity to suit appetites:
- (chopped tomatos, lettuce, green peppers; grated cheddar cheese; sour cream)
- Doritos corn chips
- Simmer sauce for 3 hours.
- Serve each plate in this order:
- Doritos on bottom, meat/sauce,lettuce,tomatos,green peppers,cheddar cheese,and sour cream for topping.
- If you are using crock pot method-brown meat first then drain fat-
and then simmer all day if you like. If you have picky eaters in your
house-this recipe should do the trick. I served it a few years ago for the
gourmet club and I still hear about how great it was.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.