Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol Welte
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Pkgs. Lawry Taco Seasoning
- 1 Pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can black beans, undrained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can corn, undrained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can hominy, undrained
- 1 lg. can diced green or ortega chilies
- 1 can Rotelle Tomatoes
- Grated Jack, Pepper Jack, or Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Brown meat, onion, & garlic in Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Begin adding ingredients one at a time, alternating dry ingredients with canned ingredients.
- Stir after each addition.
- Cover; simmmer 1 hr., stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls; top with cheese; eat with tortilla chips.
- This recipe was given to me by my future son-in-law, Trace Alexander, and
is a favorite of ours and will be to any of you who try it! Trace (who is
from Texas & a lowyal Cowboys fan) says this is a requested Superbowl Sunday
recipe & the only way to serve it is in giant coffe mugs with a side of
tortilla chips. (My personal suggestion......if you're serving this to
anything more than 4 people, you better double or triple the recipe! This
is sooooo good, everyone will come back for seconds!)
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.