Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 stalk clelry
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic choppped
- 1 lg can tomato puree
- 1 lg can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) red wine (not cooking)
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped lemon peel
- 1 tsp (5 ml) each rosemary,basil, and oregano
- garlic and onion powder,salt and pepper to taste
- sausage or pork meatballs (any meat you like)
- Saute garlic in olive oil, add carrots, celery and onion until lightly colored.
- Add meats to brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer all together, covered, for 2 hours.
- I originally found this recipe from the frugal gourmet but have since adapted
it to suit my own tastes. My family likes it more than my Dad's old Italian
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.