Print Friendly Recipe
- A delicious spicy creole dish served over steamed rice.
- Patty Johnson
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) shortening
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) flour
- 3-1/2 lbs (1.6 kg). raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). hot sauce (like Tabasco or Texas Pete)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can of water
- salt, red and black pepper, garlic (all to taste)
- Heat skillet with shortening.
- Add flour.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until rich dark brown.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, green pepper.
- Add tomato sauce and can of water.
- Season with sauces, salt, peppers.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Bring up to a boil and add raw shimp.
- Cook 20 minutes more.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- NOTE: If you want to reduce the amount of servings adjust the amount of shrimp leaving the rest of the recipe the same.
- We have used this recipe in our family for over 40 years. It was
given to my Mother by a friend from New Orleans. Add a salad
and some crusty garlic bread and you have a feast.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.