Print Friendly Recipe
- John Driscoll
- 8 large leeks (white part only), sliced
- 6 strips lightly cooked bacon
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter
- pie dough for a 2-crust 9 inch pie
- Clean leeks thoroughly and slice.
- Pan fry in butter until tender.
- Place leeks in pie shell and top with cooked bacon strips.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Top with another layer of pie dough and poke a few holes in the top with fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Leeks do so well in our garden so we usually have plenty available in winter
and the flavor is great. I haven't tried it but I'm sure Canadian bacon or
thin sliced ham would work nicely too in place of the bacon.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.