Print Friendly Recipe
- An easy sweet muffin with many variations.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (225 ml) rolled oats
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). allspice
- 2 medium bananas, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix in egg and buttermilk.
- Mix together oats, flour, baking powder, salt and allspice. Add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into greased or papered muffin pan, filling almost full.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) to 425 degrees (225 C.) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For variation, add 1 cup chopped fresh peaches in place of bananas.
Or use 1 cup of chopped mixed fruit.
Walnuts are also nice to add for a change.
Hope you try this recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.