Print Friendly Recipe
- Leah Gamble
- 1 cup (225 ml) macaroni
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter melted
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni "al dente".
- Make a sauce:
- Melt butter, saute chopped onion, add 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour.
- Stir until blended.
- Add 2 cups (475 ml) milk.
- Stir mix until smooth and it starts to bubble.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste; stir till blended.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced cheese.
- Pour over macaroni.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheese on top.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Add more milk if it gets too dry.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.