Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy, flavorful and economical
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, sliced on a slant
- 1 med. onion, cut in eights
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bean sprouts, fresh or canned
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water
- 1 pkg. chow mein noodles
- Heat oil in a wok or pan and stir-fry celery and onion over high heat 2-3 min.
- Seperate the onion layers.
- Add soy sauce, sugar and broth; bring to a boil.
- If usisng canned bean sprouts, run under cold water to crispen.
- Add sprouts and chicken and stir to combine.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to sauce.
- Simmer gently until it thickens.
- Serve over chow mein noodles.
- Although this recipe serves 4, I have doubled it and it doubles
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.